Body Language Improvement

Hi everyone, do you have any tips or resources on how to improve my body language? I just started with my first sales job and while I don’t think I’m super bad, I definitely have some room for improvement and feel that a more confident presence will help me improve my quota.

I’d also be interested in that. I am not extremely extroverted and have been wondering how body language can affect my work as well as whether I have to be an extrovert in order to be a successful field sales rep?

I had to think about Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk when I saw your question! It’s not focused particularly on sales, but gives some great ideas and techniques on how to use your body language to increase confidence and drive results… and that’s what you’re looking for in the end :wink:

@samantha regarding introvert vs extrovert… In my opinion, no matter whether you’re an introvert or extrovert, you can be a great sales rep if you work hard and that’s your chosen work path. I found your question interesting and dug a bit more into it. Think that that article would be an interesting read for you.

2 Likes

Check out this guide about nonverbal communication in sales, it will give you the best tips and tricks on how to improve your body language and tone. You can also take a look at this video or read this blog to learn how to dress for success in sales and create a great first impression every time.
Happy Selling!

2 Likes

The importance of body language in business, specifically sales can not be understated. It can make or break your deal! One tip I've used to my advantage is simply to smile more often! I noticed a drastic difference in the way people around me would treat me depending on if I was wearing a smile. I learned this from the book titled 'How to win friends and influence people', by Daniel Carnegie. It's a bit old but sitll relevant in my opinion.

1 Like

You can start by mirroring your prospect, this means to adopt their body language, vocal tone and behavior, to build rapport. Also, keep in mind that we communicate a lot with our hands, make sure you are not fidgeting because that will reveal you're nervous. Another tip is to speak in a soft and non-agressive tone, this will allow you to build trust and lead to more effective conversations. Finally, try to maintain eye contact throughout the entire meeting. Not keeping eye contact can be interpreted as lack confidence and prevent your deal for closing. Hope this helps you!