Best sales advice

What is the best, and maybe most random, piece of advice you’ve gotten from your sales experience?

2 Likes

After you ask for the sale SHUT UP!!! Don’t talk yourself out of a close. After you ask for the sale the prospect has to either respond with a yes or offer an objection, at which point you overcome the objection and ask for the sale again.

2 Likes

The best advice I’ve ever gotten was to always follow up with prospects and ask detail-oriented questions. You want to build a connection with your prospects in order to be able to identify their needs.

1 Like

Throughout my sales career I have gotten countless advice. But, the best advice was told to me at the beginning of my sales career from my manager. That advice was to stay organized. It’s very important to maintain an organized system with your contacts, meetings, and follow ups, so you stay on top of everythying and don’t miss any opportunities.

1 Like

Besides everything that was already said, I think it really depends on the exact position (think seniority) you’re hiring for, how much experience they have etc. For me the ability to learn quickly and work autonomously are pretty important, especially in sales.

1 Like

The first thing that comes to mind is when my very first sales manager told me,
“People won’t listen to someone who pretends to know the product they’re selling. If you cannot connect how your product can help your prospect, you won’t make the sale.”
Also, it’s important to never get too excited about a great quarter and too worried about a bad one. Keep a level head and always be open to feedback.