Sales audio books

Anyone listen to good sales related audio books on the road?

1 Like

Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead is such a great audiobook for women who feel like they need to dive deeper into what is it like to be a woman in the workplace. I recently listened to this book and felt like it really improved my career direction and recommend it to all women who work.

How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling is also a great one. I listened to on the road and have found it to be incredibly relevant to my outside sales job. The writing is timeless and one of the best sales books I’ve heard in a long time.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Long Story Short: The Only Storytelling Guide You’ll Ever Need by Margot Leitman. Storytelling is such an important skill for sales in my opinion! The book teaches some practical methods on what constitues a great story and can help you establish a more engaging and emotional bond with your prospects. The book is also rather short and you can listen to the whole thing in 2 to 3 days.

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini - this book has been recommended to me a lot of times before I finally got my hands on it. It’s really worth it and after reading it I understand why it’s considered a classic in the field. It is based on the authors more than 35 years of persuasion and influence research. It focuses on six principles of persuasion and how you can apply them.

I am a big fan of Audio books and podcast on the road. Here are a few that I have found interesting and engaging. Some of these are not strictly sales, but all of these books have ideas that can be applied to your work life.

The Go-Giver: Bob Burg and John David Mann
The Language of Trust: Michael Maslansky
Leaders Eat Last: Simon Sinek
Building A Story Brand; Donald Miller
UnSelling: the new customer experience. Alison Kramer and Scott Stratten
Extreme Ownership; Leif Babin and Jocko Willink.
The Tipping Point: Malcolm Gladwell

Podcast:
Awesome Office
Entreleadership
advanced selling podcast
Sales Gravy

2 Likes

I second “How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling.” It’s my top sales book of all time. I’ve read it at least 5 times. I also love…
How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People
How to Win Friends and Influence People
The Magic of Thinking Big
Personality Plus

When I’m driving I usually listen to the Rascal Radio app, it’s like the Pandora radio of personal and professional development. Check it out here:
http://synergy.rascal-radio.com
Full disclosure… if you subscribe it’ll give me a discount on my $12/mo subscription.

1 Like