Do you enjoy being a Field Sales Rep?

I am a student looking to get into Field Sales. For those that are Field Sales Reps, what do you enjoy the most?

3 Likes

What I enjoy the most about working in Field Sales are the connections that you are able to build with your clients and being able to find a need and fix a problem for them.

1 Like

For every door you knock on, you will learn something new.

I agree with @samantha , being able to find a customers need can be the most challenging part at times but also the most rewarding. Having the ability to help others while meeting my goals has to be the best part of being a Field Sales Rep.

Being able to create my own schedule and plan out my day has to be what I enjoy the most! As a Field Sales Representative, you face lots of challenges throughout your career but having flexibility in my daily schedule is definitely a major perk! If you are looking into getting into this industry try out some interships while you’re in school or during the summer! A lot of companies offer great Internships in field sales! Some even have extensive field sales training that will allow you to learn more about the industry and give you a feel of what it would be like for you.

Welcome @salesdude! I also started in field sales right after I graduated from college. It was my first “real” job and I had no idea what I was doing. I have a few more years under my belt now, and I’m so happy I decided to stick with field sales. It teaches you many things, like handling rejection and speaking in front of others. Sales also helps me feel more confident without being aggressive or pushy when asking for things I want. At the end of the day, field sales is about forming relationships with your customers. I enjoy getting up each morning and having an opportunity to talk to prospects…Every day is a clean slate! I wish you the best in your new career in sales.